Skip to main content

DeVry University...HERE I COME!

Hey readers, so a little bit has changed since I last blogged! Today was a life changing day for me. I truly was devastated after I received an email entailing my results from my Appeal form for my academic suspension. Well I did receive two bad grades due to my inability to study around work and family and also being able to enjoy what I was majoring in. So I really got uninterested quite quickly. I was going to change my major to Communication Arts & Design which is all about web design, video editing, etc. But one set back, actually two, it was in another city that was too far for me to travel to and my academic suspension.

When I got my results back for my Appeal form, I got super excited because I thought that I was approved. Then I reread it and I was denied. This tore me up. I started to cry and I was in a mess of tears. I thought why, how could this happen to me. What am I going to do for schooling.

I started to look up online colleges and I found a bunch of them. Then I found the one I was interested in, DeVry University. This had the program I wanted to major in and my goodness it is absolutely perfect. So I started to fill out my application and I came to the final page and I needed to give a $40 application fee. Then I got a call to work so I went then after I went to the bank to ensure I had enough money for the fee. when I got back home I finished up the process then later I received a call. I thought it was going to be one of those annoying calls, I was prepared to hang up. It was DeVry U.

I was so happy they called and set me up for the semester. They just asked me why I decided to attend and some info on myself. They told me about how amazing their school is. They walked me through the process of how their online classes are and for the FAFSA as well. When I was completed with the call I went right on ahead with setting up my account info and ensuring I was all set up with what I was told to do.

I was not expecting to have them call me and be so nice and willing to help me. I would suggest them for sure. I have to take 4 assessments this weekend so I will be a busy gal. But I want to let you know that I will probably not be blogging much unless an event comes up or when school is finished and summer comes which means pageant season!

Just thought I would let you know of my latest amazing blessing today! :)

Love and Blessings,
Tiffany

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raising Funds for New Smiles!

Hello guys! So I have noticed that I am getting so addicted to blogging...HAHA can't help it is so much fun to blog about how much fun I am having recently that is pageant related! So I wanted to make a blog about my fundraiser for my platform...Operation Smile! I have known of this organization since I was little and with having this birth defect of a bilateral cleft lip and palate, I was personally connected with this. When my father would tell me to turn it to a channel the commercial was on for Operation Smile, I felt so bad for those kids who couldn't have the access like I had to doctors and surgeries. I wanted to make a change. I thought it would be cool to donate to my platform before the pageant to show how much I really do care and want to make a difference. But my boss suggested to do a fundraiser through the month of August for Operation Smile. So I did and I started actually in Mid-July and I already have more then my goal is! My goal was $240 which is enough...

1 hour to pageant!!

AHHHHH! It is One Hour to pageant and I am so calm right now! I feel ready and I cannot wait to see how this will all turn out! I am so ready for this! I can't wait for the glitz and show what I have to offer to represent the community! So as I am getting ready to sparkle on stage...I am praying for the best and at around 9 pm or so You will know if I get crowned or not! I have a great feeling about this! It's all in God's hands! It's all Good! May God bless us as we are on stage and off! Keep our hopes high and keep them there no matter what happens! 'Til next time! -Tiffany A Pageant Contestant who is living the night that her dreams could come true!

Life Changing Events!

Hey guys so recently I had a change in heart. So I was truly wanting to compete at Miss City of Lakes...well due to distance and driving I am unable to compete. Which I am okay with that because it just didn't seem right to compete yet after I thought about it and I am certainly not ready. Also during that time of change, I will not name names but, I removed ties with a local royalty titleholder. I felt I was being held back and not being treated how a person should. It was hard at first but after a big prayer, I felt God continue mold me into what He has made me to be. I removed her from my phone and social media accounts including blocking her. There is more into the situation I do not want to make public but I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I feel free to fly to where God wants me to be and do to the best of my ability! Now on a more positive note, I will be competing in a pageant on Saturday August 17, 2013. I am so new to the system but it is a simple pag...